Cooperation and partnership in social initiatives[G4-EC7] [G4-EC8]
- Since 2014, the families holding Large Family Card have saved PLN 1 million on purchases at the LOTOS service stations, as the LOTOS Group has partnered up with the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy in the project.
- Having teamed up with the Academic Business Incubators, we offered attractive fuel discounts to 2,200 start-ups developing in 50 incubators.
- In 2016, we were a partner of the Development Initiation Forum, an event which seeks to foster networking and cross-sectoral cooperation in the Pomerania region.
Large families make savings at the LOTOS service stations
LOTOS service stations were the first in Poland to join the Large Family Card programme. Thanks to the cooperation between the LOTOS Group and the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Policy, large families can save on purchases at the LOTOS stations − with the Large Family Card they can purchase fuel at a discount and use special offers on food services and car wash. Since December 2014, families holding the card have saved PLN 1m at our stations.
The discounts offered by our service stations chain made the Large Family Card not only a social programme but also an opportunity to successfully strengthen customer loyalty to the LOTOS brand.
The discount offer for holders of the Large Family Card at LOTOS CODO stations and selected DOFO stations includes:
- Discounts on fuels:
- PLN 0.05 per 1 litre of LOTOS fuel,
- PLN 0.10 per 1 litre of premium fuel,
- 20% off any food product at Cafe Punkt (Café Point),
- 20% off the cost of car wash.
Development Initiation Forum − cross-sectoral networking in the Pomerania region
2016 saw the fifth edition of the Development Initiation Forum. LOTOS has been a partner of the project since its beginning. The initiative is unique, both in the Pomerania region and on a nation-wide basis. It brings together representatives of non- governmental organizations (NGOs), local governments and business with the objective of initiating cross-sectoral cooperation to support development of the Pomerania region.
Every year the participants have the opportunity to share best practices and work out new solutions together. The thematic sessions and workshops were attended by approximately 250 people.
The Forum is accompanied by a grant contest aimed at offering financial support to initiatives that respond to the actual needs of the Pomerania region. Grupa LOTOS is on the jury of the contest. The winners of its third edition included:
- ‘Canteen - Workplace for a Start’, a project of the Social Innovation Foundation of Gdansk. The canteen is a place of work for young people from care facilities, where they can gain work experience to help them enter the labour market.
- ‘100re.pl − Poland's First Cooperative Shop’, by Spółdzielna Socjalna (Social Co-operative) 100% of Sopot. The project addresses the problem of unemployment among people with disabilities in the Pomerania region.
- ‘Tczew Bike Couriers’ by the ”Pokolenia” (Generations) Foundation of Tczew. During the project, a social business, offering sustainable bike courier services, was created.
- ‘LUCETA” Social Weaving Studio by the ”Nadaktywni” (Hyperactive) Foundation of Gdynia, which together with partners from Chmielno and Pruszcz Gdanski supports elderly ladies by giving them an opportunity to teach weaving skills to the younger generation.